We are in the media including at the Star Phoenix and Prothom Alo, Bangladesh (Bangla, English)
Unique USask-led research and training project awarded $1.65M to advance software development
An inter-university group led by University of Saskatchewan (USask) researcher Chanchal Roy has been awarded $1.65 million by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) to establish a first-in-Canada graduate-level program to train a new generation of software engineers. Click for more.
It was also published at ENC, the Education News Canada.
Work fighting computer bugs garners international acclaim for U of S researcher
Chanchal Roy readily admits he’s not ready to ride around in autonomous vehicles. That may sound odd coming from a rising star in computer science, but Roy is all too aware of the software errors or ‘bugs’ that can cause disastrous malfunctions in automated systems.Click for more.
It has been a true honour to be featured at Prothom Alo (Chhutir Diney, Feb 22, 2020), the largest daily of Bangladesh with 7.6 millions daily readers (print + online), the Bangla version of the news and the English version of the news.
The Clone Detector: New Researcher Award
USask researcher honoured for achievements in computer science
Clone wars: finding buggy code copies
We are at the StackOverflow blogs!
We got viral on the tech media on our CROKAGE tool, TechRepublic, SD Times, ACM Tech News, i-programmerinfo and many more.
Masud Rahman’s Governor General’s Gold Medal at USask (My former PhD student Masud Rahman has been awarded the 2019-20 Governor General’s Gold Medal at USask, the highest honour a Canadian PhD graduate could receive at a University. He has also been awarded the 2019-20 University of Saskatchewan Thesis Award in Physical and Engineering Sciences category and also received the Research Excellence Award of the Department of Computer Science.)
1) CS-Can/Info-Can Outstanding Young Computer Science Researcher Prizes for 2018 Award.
2) New Researcher Award 2019, University of Saskatchewan
3) 10-year Most Influential Paper Award (MIP) at The 25th International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution, and Reengineering (SANER’18), Campobasso, Italy for WCRE 2008 paper, ” Chanchal K. Roy, James R. Cordy: An empirical study of function clones in open source software”. An MIP award certificate with the following citation: “For influencing future studies in software cloning through the development of an extensive benchmark dataset”
4) 10-year Most Influential Paper Award (MIP) at the 26th International Conference on Program Comprehension (ICPC 2018) for ICPC 2008 paper, ” Chanchal K. Roy, James R. Cordy: NICAD: Accurate Detection of Near-Miss Intentional Clones Using Flexible Pretty-Printing and Code Normalization”.
5) New Scientist Research Award, College of Arts and Science, University of Saskatchewan, 2018. This competition is among all the young Science Professors (within 10 years) of the College and only one was awarded in this category.
6) Excellence in Supervision Award (2015-16) from the Department of Computer Science of University of Saskatchewan, 2016.
A few memorable moments of Dr. Roy’s life:
New Researcher Award Ceremony (May 3, 2019):
Chanchal Roy receiving the New Researcher Award of the University of Saskatchewan. (This one is bit cool since the competition was among all the young researchers of the University regardless of their research areas, Departments or Colleges.)Posted by Banani Roy on Friday, May 3, 2019
CS-Can/Info-Can Award Ceremony (June 3, 2019):
Find the mind blowing talk of Dr. Chanchal Roy in the Outstanding Young Computer Science Research (CS-Can/Info-Can) award ceremony. We are truly proud of you sir. Congratulations!Posted by Saikat Mondal on Monday, June 3, 2019
Promotion to Professor ceremony (Thanks to our Head Prof. Kevin Stanley for appreciating our hard work.
Posted by Banani Roy on Thursday, May 23, 2019